Friday, February 6, 2009

The Land Use Partnership Act - Where to From Here?

Yesterday I met with two representatives of the Massachusetts Permit Regulatory Office. They genuinely seemed interested in accepting recommendations on the proposed Land Use Partnership Act.

Given I have probably been the most outspoken person on this particular proposal, I will start to give my thoughts on what should be changed and what should just be deleted. I really want to encourage other planners out there to feed my you ideas, either publicly or anonymously, however, you feel like being involved. I will do my best to try to incorporate your thoughts.

I think the comments need to be tied directly to what they are suggesting should be changed, I do not think, at this time, their proposal should be laden down with new ideas. As planners, we need to take control of the Planning and Zoning Acts ourselves, and not look to tie too much of our desires onto other legislative proposals.

Just my thoughts. Your opinions are greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment